RE: consultant role in mandatory p2 planning

Title: Message
When searching for MA TUR information, search DEP's, TURI's and OTA's (www.mass.gov/ota) websites.  In a perfect world, you would find at the OTA site "A Practical Guide to Toxics Use Reduction", a 1992 publication that is suited to the purposes you described.  Unfortunately, it's not on the web.  We also only have a handful of copies left.  So you don't have to wait until we update it and put it on the web, I'm sending you one of those copies.
-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Barwick [mailto:KBarwick@dtsc.ca.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:26 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: consultant role in mandatory p2 planning

Hi all. I am preparing training for consultants that prepare California's mandatory hazardous waste source reduction plans. Besides focusing on the technical requirements, I want to include material that addresses the appropriate role for an outside consulting, including their role as facilitator (e.g., including teams of company staff) and discourage template approaches and off-site hands-off approaches that may not take advantage of company staff expertise, reduce ownership at the staff level, etc.

Can anyone direct me to materials that discuss these issues? I searched the Mass TUR site for such materials but so far have not found what I'm looking for.

Thanks VERY much.

Kathy Barwick
Sacramento Region Pollution
    Prevention Coordinator