IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE LIST MANAGER: Infected e-mail sent to

the P2Tech list
Sender: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net

Yesterday afternoon, an e-mail supposedly from rpojasek@sprynet.com with
the subject heading Mail Delivery (failure p2tech@great-lakes.net) was sent
to the list. This message contained a virus. Both the list address and the
from address were spoofed. Unfortunately, the from address was a
subscriber, so the message went out to all of you.

If you haven't already done so, DO NOT open this e-mail, especially if you
read your mail with a web browser. I opened the post in the P2Tech archives
on the GLIN website this morning and it set off my virus checker. GLIN
staff have now removed the message from the archive.

If you have opened the message, DO NOT click on the link. Just to be safe,
update the definitions on your virus checker and run a complete scan of
your computer (or have your systems person do it for you).

I'm working with the folks at GLIN to figure out how to stop this from
happening again. Meanwhile, if you get e-mail with the subject heading Mail
Delivery (failure <some e-mail address>), delete it without opening it,
even if it appears to be from someone you know.

If you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

Laura B.

Laura L. Barnes
List Manager
listman@wmrc.uiuc.edu