From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Kennedy, Judith C.
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 12:34 PM
To: 'P2tech@great-lakes.net'
Subject: Preventive Maintenance For Lamps

Can anyone provide me with some information on preventive maintenance programs for commercial/industrial lighting, where all lamps are periodically changed at the same time, whether they need it or not?  This is supposed to save much money.  How does one determine the frequency of change-out?  How does one estimate the potential savings?  Are there any good case studies out there?  I would appreciate any information or leads you might have.

Judy Kennedy
Hazardous Waste and Toxics Reduction Program
Washington State Department of Ecology
P.O.Box 47775
Olympia, WA  98504-7775
Phone (360) 407-6385