Road/Bridge Construction Case Studies

Title: Message
The Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality is working with the Oregon Dept. of Transportation on a major effort to replace over 350 bridges on our state highways over the next ten years.

Do any of you have case studies or other guidelines regarding best practices for bridge construction or road construction?  Much of ODOT's effort is focused on waste reduction, but I recall there has been some research on alternative paints and coatings and other practices.  We are also encouraging diesel emission reductions related to construction equipment.

I've already checked P2Rx and the NC P2Pays websites for information, and have some information from CT DOT's I-95 project.

Thanks for your help!

Marianne Fitzgerald
Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division