Michigan DEQ to Host Free Half-Day Workshop:"Nuts and Bolts of Chemical Process Pollution Prevention" in Lansing,Michigan, on September 27, 2004.

Title: Message
P2TECH-ies --

Feeling in a bit of a "retro" mood lately, I have been working with Michigan DEQ and several trade association partners to put together a half-day training course on the technical nuts and bolts of P2 in chemical process plants.

If you or a client in the region have an interest in such a course, I'd strongly encourage you to contact David Herb at DEQ and sign up today!

I promise, fishing stories will be kept to the absolute minimum.

Well, OK -- I don't "promise" but I will try.  <grin>

regards,

Scott

The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), in cooperation with ChemAlliance, the Michigan Chemistry Council, the Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association (SOCMA), and the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), is hosting a half-day seminar on "Nuts and Bolts of Chemical Process Pollution Prevention" in Lansing, Michigan, on September 27, 2004. This course will provide practical strategies for preventing waste and reducing energy consumption in chemical manufacturing facilities. The workshop is intended for environmental staff, process engineers, and plant managers working in chemical manufacturing facilities. An engineering approach to pollution prevention (P2) opportunity identification will be emphasized, which builds upon an understanding of common process "root causes" for waste and emissions, and provides practical, commercially proven techniques for how to eliminate these root causes in both new and existing facilities.

The main presenter is Mr. Scott Butner, Director of ChemAlliance. Mr. Butner is a senior research scientist at the DOE's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and has been a frequent presenter on P2 topics. ChemAlliance is a free online compliance assistance web site operated by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in cooperation with chemical industry partners. Workshop examples are drawn from more than 400 case studies contained in the ChemAlliance Virtual Plant Tour, an online database of P2 and environmental best management practices. The workshop agenda can be found at www.chemalliance.org/docs/MIDEQ_workshop.pdf

You may enroll by contacting David Herb, DEQ, at herbdw@michigan.gov or 517-241-8176. There is no cost for the workshop but pre-registration is required.

For more information:
http://www.chemalliance.org/docs/MIDEQ_workshop.pdf

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov