Re: "Green" Solvent Cleaning

You may want to try testing a baking soda & compressed air blasting process.  During a
recent P2 project under the Toronto Sustainability Program, we found that this
combination successfully removed residual paint and adhesive glues from stainless
steel tanks. Our client has subsequently switched to this process from a methylene
chloride based approach.

As the baking soda is softer than sand (i.e. sandblasting), it did not damage the
underlying substrate material.  We do not sell or rep this (or any) equipment.  But I can
put you in touch with the vendor (Blastermaster) if you like.

Bruce Taylor, P.Eng.
President
Enviro-Stewards Inc
1 Union Street