Fwd: Greetings and Happy Holidays - Summit 2005 Update

Apologies for cross-posting.

Debra Jacobson
GLRPPR

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:26:37 -0500
From: Environmental Summit<speakers@environmentalsummit.org>
Subject: Greetings and Happy Holidays - Summit 2005 Update

Dear Colleague:

GREETINGS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE 2005 NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL PARTNERSHIP SUMMIT!

Check out this latest News from the Summit! Great things are happening.

Summit Registration is now available online. Follow this link for rates and registration: http://www.environmentalsummit.org/RegistrationFees.cfm

I. Agenda:

For the second year in a row, the Summit received a record-breaking number of submittals. 266 sessions and papers were proposed by you and and your colleagues. During the holidays, 8 topic teams with a total of almost 45 volunteer peer reviewers will be reviewing these submittals and weaving together a total of 42 breakout sessions. Final decisions will be made during the week of January 24, 2005 and we will notify you in very early February.

For those of you who want to get the most out of your time in Chicago, we are lining up some fabulous learning opportunities including site visits and workshops.

As of today, the following local field trips have been arranged for Monday, April 11 (Thanks to our outstanding local host committee.):

** Bus tour of Chicago's Southeast Industrial Corridor including a visit of restored Brownfield sites, redevelopment of open lands and a walk-through of Lansing Cleaners a national recognized CO2 dry cleaning facility.

** Visit the Chicago Center for Green Technology

The following is this weeks featured workshop:

** Sun./Mon, April 10-11, Registered Environmental Manager/Certified Environmental Auditor Training by Dr. Valcar Bowman

Look on our website and in future e-news about the summit for more details about these, other site visits and additional educational workshops.

II. Travel Scholarships WILL be available.state and local government representatives and NGO's

We anticipate a large demand. As a result of EPA's generosity we have substantial resources, but they ARE limited. Like last year, scholarships of up to $750 for speakers and up to $500 for other attendees are anticipated for this year. Speakers must apply by February 11, after being notified of their selection. All others must apply by March 1. Please call NPPR at (202) 299-9701 for more information.

III: Social Events:

We have already told you about the National Environmental Protection Agency's Performance Track Annual Awards Dinner on Tuesday night, April 12.

In keeping with our tradition of highlighting local people and places, we also invite you to join us for a night of networking - Chicago style - on Wednesday night with singer/songwriter/guitarist Kevin So and Midnight Snack at Chicago's renowned Hothouse, the Center for International Performance & Exhibition. (http://www.hothouse.net/).
Stay tuned for emerging details by visiting our conference website. http://www.environmentalsummit.org/

Thank You for Your Attention,

from the Steering Committee of the 2005 National Environmental Partnership Summit

One Environment - One Conference - 600 Leaders

Join us as we bring together members of the environmental assistance and business community - Those who inspire, lead, fund, create, deliver, and receive.

---------------------------------------
Debra Jacobson
Executive Director
Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable (GLRPPR)
A proud member of the P2Rx network of regional centers.
c/o  WMRC - IDNR
1010 Jorie Blvd, Suite 12
Oakbrook, IL  60523
630/472-5019