Chilled Water Discharge

If anyone can offer advice or assistance to OWASA, please contact John Greene directly as indicated in the original message below:

[Is there a method to use your list serve to determine how other utilities handle the discharge of chilled water from HVAC units to their sanitary sewer system?  This water usually contains a biocide which according to the manufacturer should not be discharged to surface waters.  The biocide is being used to control Legionella Bacteria in the cooling towers.  We are considering modifying our Sewer Use Ordinance to require UV treatment of this water instead of allowing the biocide to be used and discharged to the sewer system.  We recently ran a toxicity test with a 99% wastewater, 1% biocide chilled water solution and got a 100% mortality rate.]

John W. Greene, PE
General Manager of Operations
Orange Water & Sewer Authority
PO Box 366