Are you attending the National Environmental Summit in Chicago? If so, an invitation...

Title: Are you attending the National Environmental Summit in Chicago? If so, an invitation...

Those of you who are planning on attending the National Environmental Summit in Chicago next week (April 10-14) are invited to participate in an informal User's Forum for the National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse (http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/).

The forum will take place in the Ambassador Room of the Fairmont Hotel on Thursday (April 14) from 10:30-12:00.

As many of you know, the Clearinghouse was introduced by EPA in December 2000 as a resource intended primarily for compliance assistance providers.  It is a searchable collection of more than 5,000 compliance assistance and pollution prevention documents (mostly online, but some print documents, CDROMs, and videos are also included) organized by topical categories.  The documents include those produced by EPA, State and local compliance/technical assistance providers, Tribal programs, and NGO's.  Over the past few years, we've also added new features including a special collection of documents supporting EPA's FY05-07 Compliance Assistance Priorities, the Electronic Compendium of Compliance Assistance Tools (ECCAT) for the Auto Recycling and Construction sectors, and a regularly updated "Compliance Assistance Headlines" section (also available as an RSS feed for those users who like their news in that format).

We are holding this user forum to collect input from Clearinghouse users (or potential users) in anticipation of a planned major update of the Clearinghouse which will take place over the next several months.  We'd like to better understand how you find and use compliance assistance information, which tools you are currently using, and what you'd like to see in the Clearinghouse in the future.   We hope you'll drop by and share your thoughts with us.

As always, if you are unable to attend, please feel to contact me directly with your thoughts and suggestions on how the Clearinghouse can serve you better.

Scott Butner
Project Manager, National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse
Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov
Website:
http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/