Re: PCB Disposal

Title: Re: PCB Disposal
Ken,
The Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council is backhauling a wide variety of wastes (from batteries to bulldozers) from villages all along the Yukon River and its tributaries.  If the village is in the watershed, or would like to learn more about what they are doing, I suggest contacting John Waterhouse at (907) 258-3337 or jwaterhouse@yritwc.com.
Sean Skaling
--
Executive Director
Green Star®

Greetings all,
I have been contacted by someone in a small Alaskan village accessible only by boat or plane.  They have some transformers (half a dozen or less) coming out of service that contain PCB’s, between 5 and 100ppm.  The only suggestion they have received so far is incineration in a local boiler operating at 2000 degrees.  Other suggestions anyone?

Thanks very much

Ken

Ken Grimm
PPRC