Water Pollution Reduced Metrics

I have a question about how to define metrics for water pollution
reduced.  We have been currently measuring water pollution reduced in
pounds, but we have a situation where a company has reduced the
discharge of a solvent which is measured in gallons.   We are struggling
to determine how to capture this and still be consistent with our
current metrics definitions.  We considered converting the gallons of
the solvent into pounds, but the type of solvent and concentration will
probably be different with each application making conversions
difficult.

What is the best way to capture the amount of reduction of these
solvents in water?

Tara O'Hare
U.S. EPA
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW