Fishing is worth more than any other prize

I recently got to go with Scott on his beloved river and it was really a
blast - even in the pouring rain (very little lightning) the fish were
biting and I was catching 'em (and Scott was releasing 'em).

I plan to take his survey at least a half dozen times

Jean S. Waters
Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange
Nebraska Business Development Center
6001 Dodge St. RH 308
Omaha, NE  68182
402-554-6259 (voice)
402-554-6260 (FAX)

jwaters@mail.unomaha.edu
www.p2rx.org

             "Butner, R Scott"
             <scott.butner@pnl
             .gov>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  p2tech@great-lakes.net
             owner-p2tech@grea                                          cc
             t-lakes.net               "Butner, R Scott"
                                       <scott.butner@pnl.gov>,
                                       "Snowden-Swan, Lesley J"
             05/25/2005 11:10          <lesley.snowden-swan@pnl.gov>
                                       Deb beat me to the punch, but OUR
                                       survey has a special prize....
             Please respond to
             "Butner, R Scott"
             <scott.butner@pnl
                   .gov>

P2TECH-ies --

As my friend and colleague Deb Jacobson so graciously pointed out, the
Compliance Assistance Centers are indeed conducting  their annual online
user surveys.   This includes the center that I manage, ChemAlliance
(www.chemalliance.org), which has served as a focal point for chemical
industry environmental assistance for nearly a decade.

The site has taken us nearly 10 years to bring to this point, but the
survey should take only 5 minutes to complete.  Seems like a pretty good
trade-off.  So please take a few minutes and tell us how we are doing.  We
will be conducting a drawing at the end of the survey period and awarding a
$100 Gift Certificate from Amazon.com to some lucky participant!

You can take the survey by following THIS link -->
http://www.assistancecenters.net/schem/index.cfm

Perhaps even better (perhaps?  no, CERTAINLY better!), ChemAlliance will
once again offer a special BONUS incentive for survey participants:  anyone
completing the survey can print out their  "Thank You " page and redeem it
at any time* for a free guided fishing/birdwatching trip down the scenic
Yakima River (pictured below).  Of course, you must provide the
transportation to the town of Yakima, Washington -- but I will do the rest,
including rowing the boat.

 <http://webpages.charter.net/lstephens6592/gallery/mp14_spring.jpg>

This is a serious offer, by the way -- one that several members of the P2
Community have already availed themselves of -- but the real reason to
provide your feedback is that the information we we obtain from these
surveys is critical to our ability to understand our users, and to document
to EPA and others the impact that our Centers are having on improving
environmental compliance and preventing pollution.

Whether or not you take the survey, there's another reason to visit
ChemAlliance if you haven't done so very recently:  we have updated the
Virtual Plant Tour, a centerpiece for the site.  We've added and updated
regulatory and case study content, and added improved navigation features
to make it easier to search the 400+ pollution prevention case studies
dealing with the chemical industry.

I hope you'll take a moment to complete the survey.  And I look forward to
some of you taking me up on the special incentive offer.

Scott Butner (scott.butner@pnl.gov)
Director, ChemAlliance
www.chemalliance.org

*  OK, time for the fine print:  river trips are provided as a personal
courtesy of the author, and are not officially sponsored by ChemAlliance,
the US EPA, Pacific Northwest National Lab or Battelle Memorial Institute.
Trips can be scheduled at any time during the calendar year, but are
subject to my availability, mood, and workload.  However, on the theory
that a bad day fishing is still a day spent fishing, that restriction is
generally not a problem.

Those who wish to check view additional pictures of the river in question
(including pictures of selected P2 V.I.P.s enjoying the river) may visit my
personal web site, at  http://webpages.charter.net/lstephens6592/index.htm