Question about P2 for maple syrup processors

Good morning P2Techers!

Mike Reele from Erie County, NY sent the question to the GLRPPR Help Desk. I've searched everywhere I can think of and not found anything. I'm hoping that someone out there has worked with companies in this sector and can give him some guidance.

Please reply directly to him or make sure to copy him on your reply because he's not on P2Tech.

Here's the question, along with his contact information:

First Name: Mike
Last Name: Reele
Occupation Government
State: OH
E-mail: reelem@erie.gov
Phone: 716 858-8006
Subject or Topic: Are there any markets for the water produced by separating it from maple tree sap using a reverse osmosis process? Also are there any P2 guidance info for maple syrup processors?

Thanks in advance! I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

Laura B.

---
Laura L. Barnes, Librarian (v) (217) 333-8957
Illinois Waste Management & Research Center (f) (217) 333-8944
One East Hazelwood Drive, Champaign IL 61820 e-mail:lbarnes@wmrc.uiuc.edu
Check out our web page at http://www.wmrc.uiuc.edu/main_sections/info_services/library.cfm