Re: P2 performance-based contracting?

Burton,

For the waste area, performance based contracting is often used by consultants that do waste audits.  Some examples would by Zero Waste Solutions and Synergis Waste Management.  Let me know if you would like contact info for them.

The EPA funded some research on this topic in the waste realm under the description "Resource Management" contracting.  See the following website for info on that very successful endeavor: http://www.epa.gov/wastewise/wrr/rm.htm

I wrote some case studies for the CIWMB on what I call "Incentives" and "Business Recycling Policies" for waste reduction and Zero Waste.  Many of those concepts would probably apply.  See the case studies at:
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/LGLibrary/Innovations/Incentives/
and http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/LGLibrary/Innovations/BizRecycle/.

Gary Liss