P2 for diesel engines?

Howdy Techsters.  Our Port of Seattle and Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, and a lot of others, are trying hard to reduce diesel engine emissions.  Chris Wiley at PPRC and I think diesel engines would be a great P2RX topic hub because they are so ubiquitous, and the range of options (refuel, refit, replace etc) are numerous.  Just right for a hub on P2RX.  I have not found anything similar yet.

So,  are any of you P2 professionals doing something similar, preparing a **P2** web resource list for diesel engines, in whatever application?   What do you think of it for a P2RX hub?  I noted that re ports and diesel engines, P2RX already has hubs for shipbuilding and repair, and marinas.

A lot of money has been authorized for this but they call it “emissions reduction”, not P2.  Some dialogue is needed!

I don’t intend to jump the gun on the P2RX coordinating team by any means, but we have some momentum here in meetings and RFPs for this are out in December so we need to prep.  We hope you can share relevant info.  If it is an existing project of interest to all you can reply to the list, or just to me if it is maybe more specific.  Thanks!

Burton Hamner

Director, Cleaner Production International

Producer, http://www.CleanerProduction.Com

5534 30th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 91805

wbhamner@cleanerproduction.com

(206) 526-5308