Re: P2 for diesel engines?

We became aware of a recent EPA ETV verification test that was published in August. Diesel fuel additive that shows promise for lower NOx, particulate, CO, and THC with 10% fuel efficiency gain.  After some follow-up it looks like the additive will cost about one half of the value of the fuel it saves......P2 + Saving $.

http://www.epa.gov/etv/verifications/vcenter3-15.html

R. Smith

>>> "Bruce Taylor" <btaylor@enviro-stewards.com> 10/5/2005 12:14 PM >>>
Another Pollution Prevention related approach for diesel engines are efforts to reduce the proportion of unburned fuel in the engine's exhaust such as:

Regards

Bruce

Bruce Taylor, P.Eng.
President
Enviro-Stewards Inc

Ph  (519) 578-5100
Fax (519) 669-5002

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:00 PM
Subject: RE: P2 for diesel engines?

Burt and other P2Techers?

A diesel topic hub sounds good?for both stationary and mobile applications.  A lot of what?s going on isn?t P2 but some is, including anti-idling approaches, engine modifications (e.g., exhaust gas recirculation), and cleaner fuels. (BTW, keep in mind that biodiesel offers some emissions advantages but NOx may go up.)

A few links for those interested follow--

http://www.dieselmidatlantic.org/diesel/index.htm The Mid-Atlantic Diesel Collaborative is a partnership between leaders from federal, state, and local government, the private sector, and environmental groups in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.   The Collaborative is part of an overall national campaign to reduce diesel emissions.

http://www.westcoastcollaborative.org/ The West Coast Collaborative is a public-private partnership working to reduce air pollution emissions from diesel sources along the West Coast. The Collaborative is part of an overall national campaign, EPA's National Clean Diesel Campaign to reduce diesel emissions.

http://www.dieselnet.com/

http://www.epa.gov/cleandiesel/ EPA National Clean Diesel Campaign

http://www.epa.gov/SmartwayLogistics/idling.htm Idling Reduction: National Transportation Idle-Free Corridors

California Air Resources Board: Diesel Emission Control Verifications  http://www.arb.cagov/diesel/verdev/verdev.htm program verifies the performance of emissions control technologies for both mobile and stationary source diesel engines. The program also addresses alternate diesel fuels. The site is useful for those looking for clean diesel options as well as technology developers seeking verification of their technologies' performance.

Voluntary Diesel Retrofit Program--Verified Technology List (EPA)  http://www.epa.gov/otaq/retrofit/retroverifiedlist.htm introduces verified technologies to the market while providing customers with confidence that verified technologies will provide emission reductions as advertised. The verifications evaluate emissions reduction performance, including durability, and identifies required engine operating criteria and conditions. Those interested in having their technologies verified should click here for more information.

Cheers,

Rod

Rodney Sobin
Office of Small Business Assistance
Postal:
P.O. Box 10009, Richmond, VA 23240-0009
Street:
629 E. Main St., Richmond, VA 23219-2429
Tel. 804-698-4382       fax 804-698-4264
rsobin@deq.virginia.gov

Environmental Assistance for Small Businesses http://www.deq.virginia.gov/osba/smallbiz.html

Virginia Comprehensive Assistance Network http://www.deq.state.va.us/osba/vacan/

DEQ Innovative Technology http://www.deq.virginia.gov/innovtech