[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

funding pollution prevention technical assistance programs

Dear P2 Tech members,

As many of you likely know, U.S. EPA has proposed some changes for
reporting requirements for the federal Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
program, namely allowing the Form A to be used in some cases for PBT
chemicals and also raising the Form A threshold for non-PBT chemicals.

One concern that has been raised here in Minnesota, along with the
reduced data that would be available for tracking progress in
pollution prevention, is that our pollution prevention technical
assistance programming is funded through a polllution prevention fee
that is based on TRI releases. So reduced data would also mean reduced
funding for technical assistance.

Are there other technical assistance programs that have funding that
is TRI-based?


Mark Snyder
Pollution Prevention Specialist
Clean Production and Product Assistance
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
p2tech is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network:
To unsubscribe from this list: send mail to majordomo@great-lakes.net
with the command 'unsubscribe p2tech' in the body of your message. No
quotes or subject line are required.
About : http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info

This list is managed by the Great Lakes Regional Pollution
Prevention Roundtable (http://www.glrppr.org), part of the
P2Rx national network of regional P2 information centers
(http://www.p2rx.org ).