From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Kevin Dick
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:13 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: P2 for Emergency Responders

Hi P2ers,

Does anyone have any materials of information available for training emergency responders on why pollution prevention is important for them, and what they can do to promote P2 at facilities they interact with?  I’ve got the NPPR whitepaper on P2 and homeland security, but haven’t found much else.

Also, if you have any pictures of haz mat situations resulting from disasters such as earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, or transportation emergency response pictures involving drum spills on highways I’d appreciate anything you could send my way.

We’re preparing a session on “P2 for First Responders” at the HAZMAT EXPLO next month in Las Vegas.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin Dick

Business Environmental Program

NSBDC-UNR

(775) 689-6677

dick@unr.edu

www.nsbdcbep.org

www.nevadamax.org

www.wrppn.org

Kevin --

I don't think it is EXACTLY what you are looking for, but it might help:  one of the starting points for the NPPR white paper was a series of presentations that I gave at conferences in 2002/2003.

You can find one (early) iteration of this presentation, entitled

Different Threats, Common Threads:
How Plant Security Can Help Sell P2

GIF image