From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net] On
Behalf Of Deb Foster
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 11:10 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Effluent concentration levels following P2 techniques

Dear P2Tech subscribers

The Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention is part of a team undertaking a
study to develop Best Management Practices (BMPs) relating to the
elimination or reduction of harmful pollutants (metals, nonyl phenol
ethoxylate, 1,4 dicholorobenzene)  that may be discharged in effluents to
the sanitary sewers from key industrial, commercial and institutional
sectors. One component of the project involves determining the
concentrations / loadings of harmful pollutants expected in effluents of
these ICI facilities. The project team has had success determining
concentration levels before P2/treatment as well as after treatment but has
had little success in determining concentration solely following the
deployment of P2 techniques.

The sectors of interest for this project include:

- chemical manufacturing
- industrial laundry facilities
- textile mills
- fabricated metal products manufacturing
- motor vehicle parts manufacturing
- automotive repair and maintenance

We would appreciate learning of concentrations levels achieved by P2
practices addressing the harmful pollutants above in our sectors of
interest.

Thank-you in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide.

Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention (C2P2)
100 Charlotte Street
Sarnia, ON N7T 4R2
519-337-3423
Fax: 519-337-3486
E-mail: deb@c2p2online.com
http://www.c2p2online.com

subject line are required. About :
http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info

This list is managed by the Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention
Roundtable (http://www.glrppr.org), part of the P2Rx national network of
regional P2 information centers (http://www.p2rx.org ).