US manufacturers take back requirements

Listman note: Judy has been having problems posting to the list, so I'm sending this on her behalf. She can evidently read messages, so you can post replies to the list. Laura B.

From: JWlodarczyk@connstep.org
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: US manufacturers take back requirements

I am working with a client that has to comply with the WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) EU requirement. This directive requires manufacturers of these types of equipment to have take-back arrangements for recycling at the end of life of the product. We know that they are various requirements in the US for these products to be recycled or disposed of properly at the end of life by the end-user.

Question: Are there any states that currently have regulations on the books that require take-back by the manufacturer instead of the end user? Appreciate any insight you can provide.

Thanks, Judy Wlodarczyk

CONNSTEP, Inc.
1090 Elm Street Suite 202
Rocky Hill, CT  06067
<http://www.connstep.org/>http://www.connstep.org

Email:  <mailto:jwlodarc@connstep.org>jwlodarc@connstep.org
Office: 860-644-9718

Cell: 860-539-4926

Fax: 860-529-5001

This email message is from CONNSTEP, Inc., and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email (or connstep@connstep.org) and destroy all copies of the original message.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * P2TECH is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network: http://www.great-lakes.net To unsubscribe from this list: send mail to majordomo@great-lakes.net with the command 'unsubscribe p2tech' in the body of your message. No quotes or subject line are required. About : http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info. A map of P2TECH subscribers can be viewed at http://www.frappr.com/p2tech.

(http://www.p2rx.org ).