P2 classes in community colleges?

P2Techies, this is not a tech question, sorry but the other listservs like P2Trainer seem totally dead  (BTW, what’s up with that?)

A foundation here in Seattle area is interested to promote P2 through community colleges, in dedicated classes, integrated into other classes, and in short term continuing education.  I would like to know of other examples that seem relatively successful to you.  I know about the Florida consortium for P2 in community colleges.  I know Front Range Community College in Boulder had a good rep for this in mid 90s but their website now has no mention of it.

Thanks gang, good examples could help this funder actually put the money in, that would be a nice gift for Christmas!  And Happy New Year to all!

PS   I recently ran a seminar in Seattle on sustainability reporting and have made the full PPT presentation available for download, you can find it at the BOTTOM of the page at http://cleanerproduction.com/Seminars/CSR.htm.  If you are not familiar with the many new developments in this topic, including the release next year of the new Sustainability Reporting Guidelines from GRI, this presentation is a good way to get up to speed and also see some interesting new thinking.  The GRI is going to be MUCH more important to P2 than ISO 14000 has been so far – you should find out why!.  Have fun.

Burton Hamner

Director, Cleaner Production International

Producer, http://www.CleanerProduction.Com

5534 30th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 91805

wbhamner@cleanerproduction.com

(206) 526-5308