One more EMS tool...

One more EMS resource for Sherry and the group:

http://www.engr.uga.edu/service/extension/agp2/resources/publication/A-G/GA%20Poultry%20Environment125.pdf

http://www.engr.uga.edu/service/extension/agp2/resources/publication/A-G/GA%20Poultry%20EMS%20Templat126.pdf

Sorry for the long links; they are in a database.  This is a tool used for poultry farmers to develop an EMS for their farm.  It is a teaching or coaching aid for a service provider to use.  It includes examples, explanations and work sheets to work through developing policy statement, setting priority issues, identifying aspects and impacts, developing plans, communicating and checking and correcting.  I think it is a good model that could be used in other sectors.

Also visit: http://www.uwex.edu/AgEMS/, for more sample tools and information on EMS in the ag sector.

Thomas M. Bass

Ag P2 Program

University of Georgia

Departments of: Animal and Dairy Science

& Biological and Agricultural Engineering

706.542.2735

tmbass@engr.uga.edu

http://www.agp2.org