RE: electricity efficiency potential of existing US hotel stock

Title: electricity efficiency potential of existing US hotel stock

John, I think your best bet for this type if info would be someone at EPA’s energy star program.  The URL for hospitality is:

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=hospitality.bus_hospitality

The energy cost for the sector is $4 billion.  The site offers a benchmarking tool and publications quote an energy use efficiency range of 350%.  But, the efficiency potential isn’t something that I saw anywhere prominent on the site.  And, I would think that RMI has already checked this out.  The American Hotel and Lodging Association is another potential resource.  They have partnered with energy star.

Kevin Dick

Business Environmental Program

NSBDC-UNR

dick@unr.edu