great new env mgmt software

The US EPA Healthy Schools project has released a free software program for school district assessment and management of facility-level toxics and pollution issues.  I have been testing it and it actually works just fine for **any organization** to do facility environmental assessments, and organize action plans.  Instead of “district”, think “multi-location corporation”.  It has a unique and very cool report/checklist generator for going the extra step to a functioning manual and system.  The categories and subcategories can be added to and edited, and come pre-loaded with information and resources on 200+ topics.  So you can expand it to full multi media environmental / sustainability management.  And it’s free – that makes it the best value facility environmental management software I have ever seen.  Despite being free it is really very good software.

http://www.epa.gov/schools/healthyseat/index.html

Please pass this on to interested parties and networks.

Burton Hamner

www.cleanerproduction.com