www.michigan.gov/deqconstruction

MDEQ -ESSD,    PO Box 30242
Lansing, MI  48909

>>> "Minicucci, Bob" <rminicucci@des.state.nh.us> 3/10/2006 3:39 PM >>>
Gee, there a lot of issues with burning plastic.  Can't they grind up the waste plastic & ship the chips back for re-molding?

Bob Minicucci
NH DES
www.des.state.nh.us

From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]On Behalf Of Judy Wlodarczyk
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 3:35 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Waste plastics as an energy source

I have a client the makes plastic syringes for the medical industry.  They currently generate a considerable amount of waste plastics from the process, about 20,000-24,000 lbs./week.  They have an extensive recycling system in place but were wondering if it was possible to incinerate on-site to generate energy for the facility due to the high BTU value.  We know that there are a lot of issues involved, but we were wondering if anyone knows of a company that is doing this.  Appreciate any insights that are out there.

Thanks,
Judy Wlodarczyk

CONNSTEP, Inc.
1090 Elm Street Suite 202
Rocky Hill, CT  06067
http://www.connstep.org <http://www.connstep.org/>

Email:  jwlodarc@connstep.org
Office: 860-644-9718

Cell:    860-539-4926

Fax:    860-529-5001

This email message is from CONNSTEP, Inc., and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email (or connstep@connstep.org) and destroy all copies of the original message.