Re: Carpet Recycling

If replacing it, ask the new carpet source if they can assist.  You can also try these contacts but my sense is they want quantities.
Let me know if you're successful and who helped.
Good luck

Columbia Recycling Corp.  P.O. Box 2101
Dalton Ga  30722	Robert Goldberg  706-278-4701
800-992-0255	 columbiarecycling@alltel.net
The carpet must have a latex backing. No foam or rubber backing is acceptable.  Columbia can process over 100,000 lbs per week if it meets criteria. Baled carpet is preferred as it would expedite the process but it can be loose.

ERCS
(Environmental Recovery and Consolidation Services)  72A Concord St.
North Reading, Ma  01864	Paul Ashman        978-276-1241
866-873-2244	paulash118@aol.com
He is a 'broker' and very interested in developing this market.  Will come and guide the disposal / recycling effort.  		www.recyclecarpets.com

Invista  (Dupont)	Seshadri "Ram" Ramachadran       770-420-7804
877-5ANTRON	SeshadriRamachandran@usa.dupont.com
Info from websites
http://antron.dupont.com/content/sustainability/ant08_03_04.shtml   http://antron.invista.com/content/how_to/ant02_07.shtml   http://antron.invista.com/reclamation

Shaw Inforum  616 East Walnut Ave, Dalton Ga  30720	Kim Denton
877-502-7429	steve.bradfield@shawinc.com
IF Shaw carpet is purchased to replace the removed carpet, Shaw Inforum will recycle the pulled carpet from anywhere in continental US.  Also, whether or not new carpet is purchased from Shaw, if the carpet removed is their Ecoworx brand, they guarantee to take it and recycle it.

Maggie Fields
(517)  335-6250
Pollution Prevention & Green building

Construction & Deconstruction Resources are at:
www.michigan.gov/deqconstruction

MDEQ -ESSD,    PO Box 30242
Lansing, MI  48909

>>> Jeff Senn <jsenn@thesigmagroup.com> 3/14/2006 9:58 PM >>>
Anyone in the Milwaukee area know of a place that recycles carpet and padding? My basement took in some water and while I am sick to my stomach knowing that the carpet is, oh, less than 2 yrs old, I would like to think that I could take it somewhere to be recycled rather than end up as bug food.

Any other web links regarding carpet recycling would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Senn, CHMM
Project Engineer
Sigma Environmental Services, Inc.