trying to reason with the hurricane season...

(my apologies to all you Parrot Heads out there..)

Well, Jimmy Buffet's approach* to the Hurricane season was a simple one:

	"Squalls out on the gulf stream,
	Big storm's coming soon.
	I passed out in my hammock,
	God, I slept way past noon.
	Stood up and tried to focus,
	I hoped I wouldn't have to look far.
	I knew I could use a Bloody Mary,
	So I stumbled next door to the bar."

But it probably isn't going to cut it if you are the environmental
manager at a manufacturing plant.  Or the P2 person who is working with
them.

So, in the interest of all those folks who have to take the hurricane
season a little more seriously, ChemAlliance is happy to announce our
latest feature article, "Hurricane Season Rapidly Approaches:  Lessons
Learned and Tips for Weathering the Next Storm" by Cynthia Challener.

The article is online at: http://www.chemalliance.org/Columns/060522.asp

Pollution prevention takes many forms; preventing the environmental
consequences of environmental inevitabilities is certainly one of them.

While written primarily for Chemical Manufacturers, this article is
probably of interest to any manufacturer who must deal with hazardous
materials storage, transport, or related activities.

And while you're at the ChemAlliance site, I hope you'll take a moment
to participate in our annual user survey!

http://www.assistancecenters.net/schem/

Here's to a mild hurricane season, wherever you are.

Just another over forty victim of fate, I am...
Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov