RE: Lead in gardening equipment

I think we bought the same watering wand, Kathey.

Well, not LITERALLY the same one -- that would be a real pain to share across the miles.   But the same model.

Normally, if I see such a warning on a product, I chose another product.  But in this case the purchasing decision was dictated by a higher power (my wife), who really, really, (really!) wanted that particularly sprinkler head (metal flake purple -- how could she resist?).

I may be an environmental criminal, but let me tell you this:  I look absolutely ravishing when I am out in the yard, watering my sunflowers.  The purple really brings out the blue in my eyes!!!

or so I've been told.  I actually think she says things like that just to avoid watering the yard herself.

As far as I can tell, this product is the result of ONE vendor, who happens to be in many of the big box chain stores.  Seems to me that working with the vendor directly might make some sense.

SB

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov