RE: Lead in gardening equipment

If you REALLY want to be an alarmist, many ordinary KEYS have high lead contents, so once the initial bright finish wears off, you come in contact with that lead.  From what I read from my safety articles, the lead transfer is high enough to warrant the handwashing warning.

Maybe that explains my memory loss, or perhaps it was all the mercury that we played with in elementary school.  Or the mugs or candy imported from Mexico.  I don’t know – I forget!  J

Take care.

John

John W. Maynard, CSP, CSHM, MS

Program Coordinator/Instructor

Occupational Safety and Health Technology Program

School of Applied and Information Technology

Community College of Baltimore County

800 South Rolling Road,  Room H-218

CatonsvilleMD  21228

410 455-4919  Voice

410 455-4744  Fax

jmaynard@ccbcmd.edu

http://www.ccbcmd.edu/academics/desc/osht.html#101

http://www.ccbcmd.edu/sait/programs/osfa.html

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

A. Nonimous

Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

-- Helen Keller (1880-1968) American Writer

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."

Mohanda Gandhi

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.

-- Charles Dickens (1812-1870) English Novelist

To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue... gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.

-- Confucius (551-479 BC) Chinese Philosopher