A request to the P2TECH community

Title: A request to the P2TECH community

Dear fellow P2TECH-ies --

Ever since David Liebl and I joined forces to create P2TECH, way back in the late middle ages sometime, I've resigned myself to being the crazy uncle of this online family.

David was always the smart one.  What other choice did I have?

I've tilted at windmills, bucked the trend, swum against the tide…heck, there's hardly a cliché that you can think of that I haven't been guilty of.

But one thing I am proud to state is that I am not, nor have I ever been, a terrorist.

If you need proof, consider this:  one of the differences between terrorists and yours truly is that terrorists rarely use online surveys to collect user feedback.

I do it all the time.  What more proof could you need?

This is, of course, a roundabout way of inviting you to participate in the National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse's online user survey.

In 1999, an EPA task force recommended establishing an online clearinghouse for easy access to compliance and assistance materials, and tools developed by EPA, other federal agencies, state and local governments, and Indian Tribes. This recommendation led to the launch of the National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse (http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/)  in December 2000. From time to time since then, we've invited our users to let us know how we might improve the Clearinghouse -- and we've implemented many of your suggestions, including a wider range of compliance assistance information and a simpler interface.

Now, in 2006, the Clearinghouse is once again looking for your input. Between now and September 30 -- just 10 short days! -- we are asking people who have used the Clearinghouse to participate in our online user survey, to provide us with your views on the Clearinghouse, and your suggestions on how it might be improved. You can take the survey by visiting http://208.249.124.178/chsurvey/index.cfm.

Completing the survey will take just a few moments of your time. And this is a particularly opportune time to provide us with your input, as we are working on a major update to the Clearinghouse that will be available later this fall. There's still time to incorporate new ideas, so please take a minute to provide us with your feedback.

Do it today. Do it for your crazy uncle Scott. Do it for your country.

Don't let the terrorists win.
Scott Butner
Project Manager, National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse
Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov
Website:
http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/