From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net] On
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:56 AM

From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:44 AM

From: Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot
             09/27/2006 09:09

He is Scott Butner.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net]On
Behalf Of Butner, R Scott
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:01 PM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net; SBO-SBAP@WWW.SMALLBIZ-ENVIROWEB.ORG
Cc: Butner, R Scott; wastewatermama@verizon.net; centilla.sharie@epa.gov
Subject: user survey haiku

Out here in the desert of eastern Washington, the nights are turning colder.

In the canyons the sumac is turning fire engine red.  The trout are chowing
down in anticipation of the slim pickings of winter.

Kinda puts a guy in a poetic mood, you know?

But there's work to be done -- and user surveys to fill out. Specifically,
the user survey for the National Environmental Compliance Assistance
Clearinghouse (http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/).  The survey is
available (until COB Friday, Sept 29) at:

http://208.249.124.178/chsurvey/index.cfm
<https://webmail.pnl.gov/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://208.249.124.17
8
/ch
survey/index.cfm> .

Still, I couldn't resist a bit of Haiku -- and invite you to try it
yourself.  Remember, the standard pattern is 3 lines, with 5/7/5 syllables,
respectively.

Some examples (bear with me -- it's been a long day):

poor lonely web site
so many thousands of hits
but longs to be touched

OR.....

so many users
stop for a moment, then leave
what were they thinking?

OR....

fill out my survey
go to New Orleans next spring
I'll buy you a beer

By the way, this last one is a legitimate offer -- fill out the user survey
today, then bring your best Compliance Assistance or Pollution Prevention
haiku to the National Environmental Summit in New Orleans next May, and I'll
buy you a beer.  Or, if you're like me and don't really like beer, a cafe au
lait.

If I get enough entries, I'll post them as a collection on the
Clearinghouse.

Oh, and don't forget to complete the user survey at
http://208.249.124.178/chsurvey/index.cfm
<https://webmail.pnl.gov/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://208.249.124.17
8
/ch
survey/index.cfm> ..

It is guaranteed to help you renew your poetic license.

Scott Butner (scott.butner@pnl.gov)
Project Manager, National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse
http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/
subject line are required. About :
http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/p2tech.info.

This list is managed by the Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention
Roundtable (http://www.glrppr.org), part of the P2Rx national network of
regional P2 information centers (http://www.p2rx.org ).