From: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net  On Behalf Of Butner, R Scott
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:01 AM
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net; SBO-SBAP@WWW.SMALLBIZ-ENVIROWEB.ORG
Cc: Butner, R Scott; wastewatermama@verizon.net; centilla.sharie@epa.gov
Subject: user survey haiku

Out here in the desert of eastern Washington, the nights are turning
colder.

In the canyons the sumac is turning fire engine red.  The trout are
chowing down in anticipation of the slim pickings of winter.

Kinda puts a guy in a poetic mood, you know?

But there's work to be done -- and user surveys to fill out.
Specifically, the user survey for the National Environmental Compliance
Assistance Clearinghouse (http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/).  The
survey is available (until COB Friday, Sept 29) at:

http://208.249.124.178/chsurvey/index.cfm
<https://webmail.pnl.gov/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://208.249.124.17
8/chsurvey/index.cfm> .

Still, I couldn't resist a bit of Haiku -- and invite you to try it
yourself.  Remember, the standard pattern is 3 lines, with 5/7/5
syllables, respectively.

Some examples (bear with me -- it's been a long day):

poor lonely web site
so many thousands of hits
but longs to be touched

OR.....

so many users
stop for a moment, then leave
what were they thinking?

OR....

fill out my survey
go to New Orleans next spring
I'll buy you a beer

By the way, this last one is a legitimate offer -- fill out the user
survey today, then bring your best Compliance Assistance or Pollution
Prevention haiku to the National Environmental Summit in New Orleans
next May, and I'll buy you a beer.  Or, if you're like me and don't
really like beer, a cafe au lait.

If I get enough entries, I'll post them as a collection on the
Clearinghouse.

Oh, and don't forget to complete the user survey at
http://208.249.124.178/chsurvey/index.cfm
<https://webmail.pnl.gov/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://208.249.124.17
8/chsurvey/index.cfm> ..

It is guaranteed to help you renew your poetic license.

Scott Butner (scott.butner@pnl.gov)
Project Manager, National Environmental Compliance Assistance
Clearinghouse http://cfpub.epa.gov/clearinghouse/
A map of P2TECH subscribers can be viewed at
http://www.frappr.com/p2tech.

This list is managed by the Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention
Roundtable (http://www.glrppr.org), part of the P2Rx national network of
regional P2 information centers (http://www.p2rx.org ).