RE: Peace Corps-type orgs for P2?

Hey Jordan, next time ask me a hard one! J

To find the P2 organizations in Peace Corps type countries go to

http://www.uneptie.org/pc/cp/ncpc/home.htm

There are about 25 national Cleaner Production centers, many in very neat places where the Peace Corps works.  Any of them would be very happy to have you there I am sure.  There are several in Central America which is nice because it’s real development work but not too far from home.

And good for you – a year abroad doing the Good Thing and getting great results – the low hanging fruit is not even noticed in many of these places – you will come back a happier person with great experiences.

If you need personal recommendations for contacts in Philippines, China, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Honduras, Peru, or Indonesia, email me, I worked there on P2.  I would have added Nepal and Sri Lanka but those poor countries are in civil war now L .  Too bad, they were great assignments back in the day…  Also I have contacts at the South Pacific Regional Environmental Programme that supports the whole South Pacific, where P2 in small communities makes a huge difference.  Imagine doing P2 in Bora Bora – it’s possible!  I would take those assignments myself but I have got 1 million Freq Flier miles on NW Airlines alone, and have been gone for 4 years of my 14-year old daughter’s life.  I am staying home now…

Burton Hamner

Cleaner Production Int’l

www.cleanerproduction.com

wbhamner@cleanerproduction.com