Less hazardous alternative to TCE degreasing

Happy holidays P2 friends:

Do you have suggestions for this client?  She is not interest in aqueous alternatives.

Nancy,

I am looking for a good non-hazardous (or less hazardous) drop-in replacement for the trichloroethylene we currently use in our vapor degreaser.  I wish to utilize a chemical that I will not require an air-supplied respirator for my operators.  We currently hand-wipe our parts with denatured ethyl alcohol.  I am not looking for a cold solvent to hand wipe parts with, or an aqueous cleaner.

If you know of anything or anyone who can help, I would appreciate the information!

Have a Merry Christmas

Nancy J. Larson, RS

Director

KSU Pollution Prevention Institute