Lead in incandescent bulbs?

I took a call from a concern citizen activist in Florida today -asking that we start telling people that they can no longer landfill their incandescent light bulbs due to high levels of lead.

Any discussion?  Any TCLP data available to warrant advising small businesses to test a representative sample?

She cited this as her source http://www.countyofdane.com/pwht/recycle/lamps_bulbs.aspx
Which starts out with......

Waste lamps and bulbs are regulated as hazardous wastes because they contain toxic heavy metals. If these lamps are burned or thrown into landfills, the mercury and lead in them can be released into the environment, where contamination problems may occur. Five types of lamps are of concern:

  • Fluorescent lamps
  • High- and Low-pressure mercury vapor lamps
  • Sodium-vapor lamps
  • High intensity discharge (HID) lamps
  • Incandescent light bulbs

The first four lamps contain mercury in concentrations that exceed the toxicity characteristic leaching procedure's (TCLP) limit. Incandescent light bulbs contain lead at levels that exceed hazardous waste limits. (The TCLP test is a common laboratory test used to. determine if solid waste contains harmful concentrations of certain pollutants.)

Sue Schauls
Program Manager

Iowa Waste Reduction Center
1005 Technology Parkway