[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Use and recovery of Refrigerants

A Google search found this product line, by MAX Professionals:
In the upper right corner, you can find a link to MSDSs for the various products. There are some that do not contain R-134A, such as the Blow Off Air Duster.
Mark Snyder
Senior Pollution Prevention Specialist
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency

On 2/15/07, Valin, Debby <Debby.Valin@dep.state.fl.us> wrote:
P2 Techrs - any alternatives to aerosol cans with ozone-depleting chemicals
for blowing dust off computer equipment?  The refrigerant in question is
R-134A.  See below for scenriodetails - thanks!

Kim - could you research?  Please advise...


       -----Original Message-----
       From: Lubozynski, Tom
       Sent: Thu 2/15/2007 9:39 AM
       To: White, John; Valin, Debby
       Cc: Burson, Lu; Prather, Jeff; Kozlov, Leonard
       Subject: RE: Use and recovery of Refrigerants

       Interesting question.  I thought refrigerants (that is, all ozone
depleting chemicals) were removed from all aerosol cans.

       How about telling them to do the right P2 thing and find a product
that does not contain refrigerants?

       Debby – do you know of any products?  Has the issue ever been
mentioned as a P2 opportunity?



       From: White, John
       Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:22 AM
       To: Kozlov, Leonard
       Cc: Burson, Lu; Lubozynski, Tom; Prather, Jeff
       Subject: Use and recovery of Refrigerants
       Importance: High


       I just received a call from Orange County Schools. A question came up
that they are trying to answer for their employees.

       They are required to recover Refrigerants from equipment, vehicles,
etc.; however, the spray cans for blowing dust off of computer equipment and
keyboards consists of exactly the same refrigerant they are supposed to be

       The employees want to know why the have to recover refrigerant when
they can spray it to their hearts content at the computers?

       Do you know anyone who can answer this question for them?

       Thank you,

       John White