Fun, sorta. What is your favorite place for a retreat? And what is essential to a good retreat?

Hi, all - apologies for the cross posting...

A local operation is considering retooling its 100 acre wood (with cabins and meeting facilities) to become an eco-friendly, sustainable, facility for eco-friendly sustainability types.

I know you all have your favorite local places to go to for planning retreats - any that you would care to suggest as models?  I know of two or three with different strenghts - and they are not all at the top end of the scale - it takes a while to move from where you are to where you want to be, after all...

PLACES - please suggest one or two:
Lied Lodge & Conference center is a on the big side; this facility is going to stay rustic and is certainly not building a 144room hotel -
http://www.liedlodge.org/about/

Shadowcliff is probably the most like what this operation has in mind - rustic -
http://shadowcliff.org/

Woods Hole Research Center- Someone help me here - is this the place where WasteWatch had its meetings in the early 90's?  Wow, look at what happened to it with the help of mcdonough....
http://www.mcdonoughpartners.com/projects/woodshole/default.asp?projID=woodshole

INDICATORS - please let me know what would be a must have or a deal breaker for you in order to hold a meeting/retreat:
It appears to me that the Xanterra Corporation has a pretty good handle on how it does things - some actual measurements for this small operation to aspire to:
http://www.xanterra.com/environmental-performance-375.html

Thanks,

Rick

Richard Yoder, PE
Director, P2ric.org
University of Nebraska at Omaha
6001 Dodge Street, RH308
Omaha, NE 68182
vox: 402-554-6257
fax: 402-554-6260

http://www.p2ric.org/

P2RIC, the Pollution Prevention
Regional Information Center, is
a proud member of the Pollution Prevention
Resource Exchange, P2Rx.org.