Comparison of cell phone and toner cartridge recycling services?

Apologies for Cross-Postings

Does anyone know of a comparison of different services providers comparing the end-uses of recycling cell phone and/or ink cartridges, and the values paid to nonprofit partners?

Gary

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:24:49 -0700
To: "Monique Jacobs" <mjacobs@riverbanks.org>
From: Gary Liss <gary@garyliss.com>
Subject: Recycling Question
Cc: gary@garyliss.com

Monique,

I am generally familiar with these type of collection services and believe both of these companies appear to be good service providers.
I particularly liked Eco-Cell's commitment to no landfilling, and 80% of the phones being refurbished and reused.  Reuse is MUCH better than just recycling. I didn't see a similar commitment on US Recycle's site.

If you'd like, I could forward these 2 links to colleagues who are more knowledgeable and get their feedback and any comparison details.

Gary