p2 for soccer fields

hi everyone. Anyone know of preferable options for "burning" soccer field lines? see comments below....
... they use lacquer thinner to burn the lines. He did not know of an alternative.

One of our school districts telephoned me to ask if we knew of an environmentally safe chemical that they could use to burn lines on their soccer field.  She said they are currently painting lines, and she thought that paint was not environmentally acceptable.

Sports field lining could be made, using a paint machine or lime powder machine, over the natural grass or artificial turf.

Some clean out grass from the lining area and make it dirt ground before lining is applied. Cleanout may be accomplished by applying weed killer or burning the area with paint thinner or gasoline.

Kathy Barwick
Dept. of Toxic Substances Control
Office of Pollution Prevention
(916) 323-3381 or (916) 255-6421