RE: P2 for HPLC Lab?

Jennifer --

I am a little biased, of course (having spent 5 years in the Battelle Seattle Research Center, and 23 years at Battelle) but I think that the Lab P2 manual developed by my colleagues is pretty good, even to this day (the online version you refer to is quite dated by now).   A somewhat more up to date version is the book developed by Kim Fowler and Jill Engel-Cox (who also contributed to the online version you cite) in 1999.

Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments for Research & Developments Laboratories
Jill Engle-Cox and Kim Fowler
Battelle Press, 1999
ISBN:  1574770705
http://www.amazon.com/Prevention-Opportunity-Assessments-Developments-Laboratories/dp/1574770705/ref=sr_1_1/002-2139052-1329602?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189801695&sr=8-1

The book is the result of experience gained from doing P2 assessments at our Labs and others -- as you may know, Battelle plays a role in operations of several of the US DOE National Labs, including Pacific NW National Lab, Oak Ridge National Lab, Brookhaven National Lab, and the National Renewable Energy Lab.  It's a solid accounting of how to do P2 in a research laboratory setting.

I'll forward your question on to Kim and Jill, since I'm not sure if either of them still subscribes to P2TECH.

SB

Scott Butner
Senior Research Scientist, Knowledge Transformation & Integration Group
Pacific NW National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov