RE: KS Coal-fired power plant: denied. A pretty big deal.

> This action demands some real intelligent design on the part of power plant capacity engineers

and if any state is up to the task of intelligent design, it's gotta be Kansas!   ;-)

(didn't want you to think that had gone unnoticed, Rick!)

SB

p.s. - you're right, this is a really big deal.  But there's lots of small deals going on as well -- which cumulatively add up to quite a bit.  Out here on the dusty side of the Cascade mountains in eastern WA, we've had something on the order of 800 MW of wind projects installed in the past 6 years,  most of it within 70 miles of my home (the photo below is from the State Line project, near Walla Walla -- a very small section of the overall project, I might add).