[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Idle musings: Has the P2 community missed the bandwagon? Or get run over by it?
- Subject: RE: Idle musings: Has the P2 community missed the bandwagon? Or get run over by it?
- From: "Butner, R Scott" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:10:13 -0800
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <E1IucrS-0002PN-8G@elasmtp-scoter.atl.sa.earthlink.net>
- List-name: p2tech
- References: <F46A6CDEE3E00143B1688EDF072035E3EA7F24@EMAIL02.pnl.gov> <E1IucrS-0002PN-8G@elasmtp-scoter.atl.sa.earthlink.net>
- Reply-to: "Butner, R Scott" <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: Acgr0C1osWce369bTQi/s/3VReT+vwAAcLVg
- Thread-topic: Idle musings: Has the P2 community missed the bandwagon? Or get run over by it?
I hope you're right. According to our HR office,
I have 10 years, 7 months, and 9 days left until
That's far too early to begin a count down
As a person whose heart is in research, and the "next
big thing" -- I desperately need for there to be some "next big thing" for the
Thanks for posing that question. I
don't think I can be as entertaining as you, but I would like to respond.
I see P2 being a firm foundation on which many of these other networks
can build. I have advocated for years that the Zero Waste movement connect
with P2 practitioners in their areas. P2 have great relations with
businesses and great understanding of the opportunities for designing waste out
of the system. Zero Wasters are starting to get some traction (especially
in CA), to get communities and the State to adopt policies (e.g., EPR) and
programs that will require the redesign of products to eliminate waste, and take
those products and associated packaging back for reuse, recycling or
composting. Once those policies are adopted, businesses will be trying to
figure out HOW to accomplish that, and that's where the P2 network comes
in. The "greening" of business that is being touted right now is the
beginning of that response, with the PRIUS leading the way to showing the
commercial benefits of being green in a post-Al Gore/Inconvenient Truth
So, don't throw in the towel (or the pig) yet!