Re: Idle musings: Has the P2 community missed the bandwagon? Or get run over by it?

Scott,

This is cause to be happy, yes?  A battle of ideas has played out . . .  and  at least one really huge environmental concern in climate change has come to the fore.   Grabbing mindspace from items like . . . who Brittany's with now . . . or Xbox sales.   To have real impact, that's got to happen.   Be happy, at least for a few now-smug bearded guys out there who started working on solar in '79 (no offense to anyone on the list-serve. . . )

The challenge for P2 seems to be the same as the challenge of any focused community -- to raise the bar and keep on the forefront -- identifying new and emerging concerns and issues to compete in mindspace once again. . . and hopefully the best ideas rise to the top and evolve us as a society?

As for your job security . .  . how about transforming local, state, and federal policy to embrace the Precautionary Principle in a meaningful, actionable, and robust way?  We've even got a few ordinances down this way you could start with.