non-random, targeted, focused question (for a change): use of podcasts by tech assistance programs?

Title: non-random, targeted, focused question (for a change): use of podcasts by tech assistance programs?

P2TECh-ies

If you're like me, you come back from a long Thanksgiving feeling recharged, ready to conquer the world (and about 3 lbs heavier -- which is a good thing if you're going to conquer the world because you'll need those fat reserves).

The feeling usually lasts until about mid-December, when the reality of winter's imminent arrival sinks in.  That process was accelerated a bit around here last evening as we got our first snowfall of the year.

So, striking while the iron is still hot -- I am seeking input from people who have used podcasting as part of a technical assistance/business assistance program.  What was the topic of the podcast?  How about format (was it a panel discussion, lecture, or what?)   How many downloads did you have?  What sort of feedback did you get?  How did you promote the podcast?  How does the cost compare to producing a similar text-based document?

Perhaps most importantly:  what lessons did you learn "the hard way," that we might avoid learning that way at ChemAlliance?

We've committed to piloting a few podcasts on our site this coming year, providing compliance assistance and P2 information to chemical manufacturing companies.  My hope is that the widespread availability of mp3 players will allow users to listen to the podcasts on their morning commutes or at other times when they might not otherwise have the opportunity to do so.

thanks in advance for whatever insights you can share.

Scott Butner
Director, ChemAlliance
c/o Pacific NW National Laboratory
MS K7-28
3350 Q Ave
Richland, WA 99354
Voice: (509)-372-4946/Fax: (509) 375-2443
Website: http://www.chemalliance.org/
E-mail: scott.butner@pnl.gov