RE: non-random, targeted, focused question (for a change): use of podcasts by tech assistance programs?

Title: non-random, targeted, focused question (for a change): use of podcasts by tech assistance programs?

Hi Scott –    Contact Janet Brown at Hospitals for a Healthy Env’t (H2E)   janet.brown@h2e-online.org    413-253-0254  (Massachusetts).     She’s organized weekly tech assistance teleconferences (recently shifting to webinars) for several years - see http://cms.h2e-online.org/teleconferences/, with archived audio sessions avail. for podcast(ing).  I think archives are free at present; there’s a fee (per session or annually) to listen to the original live broadcasts.  Usual topics = nuts-n-bolts (operating room P2, green construction, procurement, mercury reduction, benchmarking) - tho a recent one on climate change & health care incl. Bill McKibben as a presenter.

Typical H2E webinar features:

·         Excellent web info promoting session content & value

·         1 -3 speakers on big picture and case studies

·         PowerPoint presentations

·         Background docs & web resources to view before/after webinar

·         90 min session

·         “Listening” participants on mute until presentations end; then lines open nationwide for Q & A

·         Webinars & supporting resource links are archived online

WA Dept. of Ecology and PPRC have hosted monthly H2E webinar “listening sessions” and follow-up local discussions for the last year.   It hasn’t taken off like we’d hoped, to create/sustain regional health care peer networks across the state.  Some people listen from their own workplaces, others just catch up later, many can’t get away from work to join a group meeting at another hospital or office.   The variety of topics means there’s often a different audience for each session, too.    Keep that in mind if you’re looking at podcasts as a way to support local networks or sub-sector groups within ChemAlliance.

Regards –  Cathy Buller

Pacific NW Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)

Seattle, WA

206-352-2050

cbuller@pprc.org

www.pprc.org