about benchmarking

Hi P2Tech,

I hope you are all doing well, and I continue to find benefit from and enjoy this list.   I am almost ready to respond to Scott's latest challenge...

Meanwhile, here is a query from a colleague.  Can you help?

I'm trying to find P2 benchmarking metrics that can be used to quickly benchmark the performance of a company in a specific industry sector.  For example, if you walk into a litho printer and found out how many employees, $ revenue or square feet of paper sold (whatever the best denominator is) and their electricity costs or water consumed or ink purchased, etc. and could figure out whether they are at the top, bottom or middle of the range of other litho printers.

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Janet Clark
Senior Associate Director
Toxics Use Reduction Institute,  University of Massachusetts
One University Ave,     Lowell, MA 0`854-2866
Tel 978-934-3346,                                      Fax 978-934-3050
http://www.turi.org

Adjusted for production, TURA filers have decreased their toxic chemical use by 45% and
are generating 69% less byproduct. During this same eleven years,  core TURA filers reported
an overall 45% increase in production!