Re: Household Aspect/Impact List

Karen,

We have a program called Take Care of Texas that shows what individuals can do to improve the environment.  I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not, but there's a website... http://www.takecareoftexas.org There should also be links on each one about where the information was gathered, EPA, Energy Star, etc.
hope that helps!

Shannon

Shannon Herriott
Pollution Prevention Team
Small Business & Environmental Assistance Division
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
512.239.6543 phone

>>> "TELIHA, KAREN" <kteliha@idem.in.gov> 1/14/2008 11:42 AM >>>

I’m working on a tool to help citizens understand their daily impacts on the environment mostly focused on the activities that take place in their own home.  I’ve been asked to attack this project as if we were designing an EMS for a household.  Has anyone already done this and is willing to share their information?  I know there’s tons of info out there on what the average citizen can do…but I’ve never seen a “Household Aspect/Impact List”.

Karen Teliha
Community Environmental Health & Education
Indiana Dept. of Environmental Management

800-988-7901