Re: recycling polyester

Two contacts.

Bob Peoples at the Carpet-Rug Institute is very
knowledgable about recycling possibilities.
706-278-3176

Also try David Pendelbury who is a jobber that
recycles many tons of textile waste. He may
not be able to help in your locale, but will know the
players in that area.  His company is Harmony Industries.
336-886-7225

Of course, much of this depends on the details of
the material and how it is sorted.

Henry Boyter, Jr., PhD
Director of EHS Services
Institute of Textile Technology