Re: Companies with bigger technical assistance needs

Wow,  Cindy....  Right on...  Met with a consulting firm working for
Microsoft the other day and they've developed an industry dashboard
software that tracks just this.  Don't know how good it is....  Sounded
to me like they are positioning themselves to be there with the
appropriate software for corporations, when they need it.   Certainly
EPA has some tools.  But this is, as you say, being asked for by our P2
clients.  Really need to come up to speed.  My hope for the national
roundtable training is for this to be front and center.   Here, we're
planning to make it the focus of our October P2 roundtable TAP training.
Huge need.  We're looking forward to hearing the responses that you
receive.  Need to know this as well.   As an aside, I try not to
separate out P2 from E2 etc.   While we (EPA) certainly took our sweet
time defining P2, we ultimately did include resource conservation along
with source reduction in the definition.

Carolyn Gangmark
U.S. EPA Region 10
1200 6th Ave. Suite 900 OEA-095
Seattle, WA  98101
Phone (206) 553-4072
FAX (206) 5530119

             Cindy McComas
             <mccom003@umn.ed
             u>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 p2tech <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
             owner-p2tech@gre                                        cc
             at-lakes.net
                                                                Subject
                                      Companies with bigger technical
             03/12/2008 06:49         assistance needs
             AM

              Please respond
              Cindy McComas
             <mccom003@umn.ed
                    u>

We are receiving calls from companies wanting us to provide technical
assistance to help them become green, document GHG reduction potential,
and/or reduce their carbon footprint.  Many are joining the Climate
Registry or Climate Exchange and as a result have goals they have to
meet.

As you know, going green is much bigger than P2 and can involve
addressing any number of areas including EPP, green building, energy
efficiency, renewable energy options, etc.  Of course, we want to make
sure P2 and E2 is part of this process, but do not feel we have the
tools or expertise to deliver it all without partners or tools.

Has anyone else developed a tool or methodology or decision tree for
providing this type of assistance that companies are asking for?

--
Cindy McComas
Director

Minnesota Technical Assistance Program
University of Minnesota
612.624.4678, 800.247.0015
http://www.mntap.umn.edu

Helping Minnesota businesses maximize resource efficiency, increase
energy efficiency, reduce costs, and prevent pollution

Join the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable at www.p2.org!

A map of P2TECH subscribers can be viewed at
http://www.frappr.com/p2tech.

(http://www.p2rx.org ).