Re: Companies with bigger technical assistance needs

>From a large facility perspective, the P2 and EMS program (same program
here) "manages" all greening efforts from traditional P2 through E2, etc.
We don't own E2 but encourage and coordinate through our EMS.  We use the
EMS to have the responsible managers set improvement objectives and
commitments for E2, P2, procurement, subcontracts, etc and then track it
through the Senior Management EMS steering committee.  Wearing the hat of a
P2 assistance provider, I would encourage these companies to use EMS to look
at all their issues from a sustainability perspective and then P2 could
coordinate  other state assistance providers to cover the areas P2 providers
don't (assuming that the P2 assistance providers are encouraging use of an
EMS).  A systematic approach is key.

Lessons learned from the field: Make sure that the people who control the
processes within the facility identify improvements and take responsibility
for making them happen...otherwise it is an exercise in meetings that don't
get anyone very far....

Pat Gallagher
EMS/P2 Team Leader
Los Alamos National Laboratory